IxChel, Maya Goddess of Healing
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® is a way of creating better health for the body we live in. Centuries old techniques, brought to the western world by Dr. Rosita Arvigo, are used to help align our organs, increase blood & lymph flow, reduce restrictions around the nervous system and decrease muscular tension which can disturb gastrointestinal and reproductive health.
Oftentimes, 2-3 professional sessions are required to address most conditions. During our time together, you will be taught how to massage your own belly so that you can continue the massage at home. Those who follow through with home massage are more likely to increase the rate of improvement. Prior to your visit, a detailed intake form will be emailed to you (or mailed if preferred). If you are a female considering this work, sessions are best done between the end of the menses and 5 days prior to the next cycle.
The following are common symptoms and conditions that have been helped by this work:
- Digestive Disorders: Crohn's, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, GastroEsophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Gastritis, Chronic Constipation, Indigestion, Heartburn, etc.
- Urinary System: Incontinence, Frequent Urinary Infections, etc.
- Muscular Tension, Low Backache
- Headaches, Migraines
- Restricted Breathing Due to Tension
- Low Energy
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (Scar Tissue, Recovery)
- Menstrual Disorders: Painful/Irregular Periods
- Displaced or Prolapsed Uterus/Bladder
- PMS/Perimenopause/Menopausal Symptoms
- Pelvic Organ Congestion: Endometriosis, Cysts, Fibroids
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Chronic Bladder/Yeast Infections
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum
- Enhances Pregnancy, Aids in Labor & Birthing
- Discomforts of Pregnancy
- C-Section/Hysterectomy Surgery Recovery
- Early Stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Prostatitis (Mild)
- Erectile Dysfunction (Depending on cause)
About Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN:
More than 30 years ago, Dr. Rosita Arvigo traveled to Belize to deepen her studies pertaining to rainforest plant life. There she met and apprenticed with the renowned Maya Shaman, Don Elijio Panti, for 10 years until his passing in 1996 at the age of 103. Through the years studying in Belize, Dr. Arvigo also met and trained with another adept known as Miss Hortense Robinson. She was a well-known herbal midwife, who taught Dr. Arvigo the traditional pregnancy care of Belize.
It is from these two indigenous healers Dr. Rosita Arvigo learned from and in turn, combined her own knowledge of anatomy, physiology and naprapathy (study of muscles, ligaments, connective tissues) formulating and creating the The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®. In 2000, Dr. Arvigo established the Arvigo Institute, LLC and has trained hundreds of healthcare professionals worldwide. In addition, she established Rainforest Remedies, preserving the ancient herbology of Belize whilst teaching local children the healing properties and value of the herbs which are native to their rainforest.
For more information, visit: http://www.arvigotherapy.com